Tuesday 10 July 2012

Walkies 10th July

Due to the bad weather recently, taking Saffy on a really good walk had been a bit difficult seeing as we both hate the rain!
So I made the most of the dry weather this morning for a trip to the woods. As we got there I met a man with two Jack Russells, one of them looking identical to mine! He told me that he'd only adopted his dogs recently from Dogs Trust and asked how I got on with mine in the woods. I explained that it had taken probably about a year for me to really trust my dog enough to be off the lead there. There's a lot going on in the woods- school groups, walkers and horse riders- and I wanted to be fully confident that I could get Saffy back rightaway if I needed. I mentioned that even now when I let her off the lead in the woods, I always carry some treats and get her to come back every so often even if there's nothing around.
Finally, he asked if he could have a photo of Saffy to show his wife how similar she looked to their dog- and Saffy was more than obliging, she loves a good photoshoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment